Official Bowling Rules
These will be automatically determined in the computer system, but this gives participants the information on how handicaps are determined.
- Determine your average. In league bowling, a minimum of three games is required to establish an average. To calculate your average, take the total number of pins and divide by the number of games. If you scored a total of 480 through three games, your average is 160.
- Determine the basis score. This will always be 90% of 210.
- Subtract your average from the basis score. If your average score is 160, subtract 160 from 210. 210 - 160 = 50.
- Multiply by the percentage. Take 90% of the difference between your average and the basis score. 50 x .9 = 45. Your handicap is 45.
- Your handicap will fluctuate from week to week. The basis score won't change, but your average might.
- The top 8 teams (after six weeks of play) will be placed into a seeded single elimination bracket.
- One string will be one game during playoffs.
- Teams with more than 4 players present will still need to rotate their players as they continue to play. (Hint: Strategize how you want to rotate your players as you advance in the bracket.)